- Nothing impacts a person’s life more than addiction.
- There are 23 million people in recovery.
- Anonymity actually causes less awareness to be spread about drug addiction.
- Media never really has and until this day doesn’t treat it like an illness.
- Helping others be sober keeps some people going in recovery.
- Marty Mann was an early pioneer of addiction, championing for change in the way alcoholics are treated.
- $350 billion spent on treating addiction from the criminal justice costs to medical bills and loss of productivity in the workplace.
- Public reaction to addiction is different then the science behind addiction.
- How we talk about recovery is so important to the people recovering.
- Dick Van Dyke was an alcoholic and has spoken out about the stigma concerning it.
About the author